Site Maintenance Assistant SSA2 1 (Kassala) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Site Maintenance Assistant SSA2 1 (131604)|
|Location||Sudan – Kassala|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in various WFP Offices. Job holders report to the Administration Officer or the designate, and are likely to follow established standard procedures to carry out routine site maintenance tasks. They typically work under close guidance and receive clear instructions and feedback on work outputs from the supervisor. These jobs require a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions wearing protective clothing.
To perform routine site maintenance tasks to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services.
3. Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
2. Provide portering and cleaning services (e.g. moving assets, reorganizing/installing workstations, assisting in setting up conference/meeting/event locations, removing waste materials, emergency cleaning, etc.), to facilitate organized and safe work environment.
3. Contribute to keeping accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP assets management guidelines.
4. Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in site maintenance and basic record keeping.
Knowledge & Skills: • Knowledge of simple machine operations and use of cleaning materials/ solutions.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies in good working order.
• Knowledge of safety precautions.
• High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.