Foreman SSA8 (El Daein, Zalingei) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Foreman SSA8|
|Location||Africa, Northern – Sudan – Ed Da’ein|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are seeking to engage a national foreman (2 positions), based in El Daein and Zalingei, Sudan.
The Foreman shall report to the Project Engineer, or other staff member designated by the Head of the WFP Sudan Engineering unit, in relation to all aspects of, construction and contract management of the infrastructure projects, as required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Develop and track daily work, manpower and material schedule for the construction activities and monitor attendance of crew;
2. Coordinate tasks according to priorities and goals;
3. Assign and delegate general and daily tasks and responsibilities to construction workers;
4. Ensure all documentation and registers are properly completed in line with WFP requirements;
5. Ensure manpower and resources are adequate, monitor availability on site;
6. Be the liaison between construction workers and supervisors;
7. Supervise, train and give feedback to workers;
8. Solve peacefully, disputes between workers and solve emerging problems and issues;
9. Carry out and record site inspections;
10. Ensure all works are carried out in line with approved methods;
11. Supervise and guide the hire and use of machinery and equipment.
12. Coordinate delivery and pick up of materials as required;
13. Report project progress to supervisors, managers and team engineers;
14. Monitor expenditure and ensure they remain within budget;
15. Guarantee and promote all safety precautions and quality standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in the construction field, Engineering, Architecture.
Experience: 2 Years of proven experience as construction Foreman.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic are mandatory.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.