Human Resources Assistant – UNOPS
|Organization||United Nations Office for Project Services|
|Job categories||Human Resources|
|Job Title||Human Resources Assistant|
|Department/office||AFR, ETMCO, Sudan|
|Duty station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Contract type||Local ICA Support|
|Application period||23-Sep-2021 to 09-Oct-2021|
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies and procedures
- Implementation of HR services
- Knowledge building and sharing
1. Ensures implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of requests for recruitment of international consultants ensuring documentation is complete and in conformity with recruitment policies and procedures. Monitoring and tracking status of requests, and initiating follow up action to ensure submission is timely, accurate and contains complete documentation.
- Review of Terms of Reference or Job Descriptions, consulting with requesting colleague regarding any discrepancies between its content and the recommended level of remuneration.
- Preparation of Offer of Appointment or Assignment and related documentation for the signature of designated official.
- Proactive customer service to clients alerting the supervisor of any problems or delays in the stages of the recruitment process.
- Briefing and guidance to clients and partners on the application and interpretation of recruitment policies and procedures. Update and maintenance of information in recruitment systems to allow accurate statistical reporting.
- Response to human resources queries from staff in the unit and elsewhere in the Programme and to requests for information on employment and recruitment status.
- Processing of permit applications (e.g. visas) with the United Nations and establishment of tracking system.
- Extraction and input of data from various sources in the human resource database;
- Review of supporting documentation for processing various HR actions
- Verification of benefit and other human resource-related claims for accuracy and conformance with personnel rules and regulations;
- Assistance to supervisor(s) in monitoring the contractual status of all staff on various appointments based in immediate location or within the office’s mandate; monitoring of within grade service increment schedules and timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals and personnel action forms;
- Checking and maintenance of attendance registers, leave reports, DSA forms and other forms and reports;
- Maintenance of personnel files for all personnel at location, ensuring all documentation is complete; maintenance and update of confidential personnel information and documents, ensuring relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
- Search, retrieval, compilation, assembly and archival of a variety of HR statistical data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources for external use;
- Collection and maintenance of information on commercial, private and inter agency training schedules and institutions (course schedules, curricula, and cost);
- Assistance in the preparation of administrative reports; drafting of routine correspondence; arrangement for briefings and debriefings
- UNOPS, UNDP and UN-issued Human Resource and Personnel policy manuals, rules, regulations, guidelines, and circulars, updated and filed regularly;
1.Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
2 to 3 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of additional UN working language is desirable.
Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-4
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your UNOPS Jobs profile to ensure completeness, especially the education and experience sections.
“While the JPO programme was a learning experience for me, I was also able to share my own knowledge and skills with those I supervised later on.”
Director And Representative, Côte D’ivoire Operations Centre
“UNOPS is a results-oriented organization – it therefore pushes me to perform at my best every day.”
Senior Partnerships and Liaison Advisor