Driver – UN WOMEN
|Organization||UN WOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women|
|Type of Contract||Service Contract|
|Application Deadline||19/09/2021 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Duty Station||Port Sudan-Red Sea state, SUDAN|
|Languages||Required: Arabic, English|
|Duration of Initial Contract||One Year|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security,
Reporting to the Operations unit ,under the general guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager and direct supervision of the Operations Associate, the driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Office, consultants and experts and UN staff on mission with the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Availability of documents/ supplies.Ensures
- provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services;
- Demonstrates commitment to UN WOMEN’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Required Skills and Experience
Education: High (Secondary) school cetfificate ;
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver;
- safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Field experience is an asset.
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
About UN Women
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Founder: United Nations General Assembly
- Founded: July 2010
- Official languages: 4: English; French
- Parent organization: United Nations
- Subsidiary: UN Women Iceland
For jobs from UN WOMEN in Sudan visit: UN WOMEN Jobs Page