Emergency Response Midwife – SAVE THE CHILDREN
Emergency Response Midwife will be fully embedded into the Emergency Response Unit of SCI Sudan based in Field a rotational basis depending on need, with the possibility of deployment to any other parts of SCI Operational zones. Will have overall responsibility for patient care in her particular professional areas with flexibility to work in other disciplines. The Emergency Response Midwife will be responsible for the management of patients in Maternal and Child Health clinics, inpatient wards and patients in isolation wards like CTC and participating in mass vaccination campaigns. Will also be expected to participate in responding to disasters like disease outbreaks, floods, drought and population displacement
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Registered or Enrolled Midwife Certificate.
- Good Observation, Judgement, Counselling and Communication Skills.
- Patient Focused Approach and a Pleasant Personality.
- Team work and relation building skills.
- Previous experience in emergency response work
- Willingness to be based in the field with limited basic amenities
- Previous experience in emergency response
- Ability to operate in insecure environment and abide by Save the Children security regulations
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 24, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page