Procurement Officer (Buying) – SAVE THE CHILDREN
(Very Attractive Packages are offered)
The Procurement Officer (Buying) is responsible for purchasing of goods and services within based on needs of Save the Children’s programmes, managing orders and relations for a complex portfolio of programmes. The Procurement Officer will also support the Procurement Team in:
- Ensuring that the right supplies and services are procured and that there is timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
- Ensuring best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent procurement processes
- Ensuring the update of the Procurement Tracker
- Proper Filing for all procurement documents
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing procurement processes
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing procurement processes, driving contract compliance and embedding buying best practice
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and simultaneously stick to deadlines, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers
- Excellent reporting skills, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 25, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page