Procurement Manager – SAVE THE CHILDREN
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the Procurement of programmatic and non-programmatic goods and services. S/he:
- Ensures that all of our goods and services are procured in accordance with the timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SCI’s systems, policies and procedures, to support our programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
- Ensures that “value for money” is achieved through competitive and transparent Procurement processes.
- Provides technical and strategic support to our national/ area/ field offices to increase Procurement capacity and to achieve the operational goals of the Country Supply Chain team.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- MA/MSc/BA/BSc/BEng/MEng in management; Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering or related fields and/ Preferred Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent Experience.
- Proven and significant experience in Procurement and contract management, including an ability to review Procurement demands and trends, and to develop Procurement strategies.
- 5-7 Years (three out of which in a managerial role) of relevant experience working in logistics or Procurement, with in depth experience vis-à-vis the entire Procurement lifecycle.
- Desirable – Sector experience in NGO/UN system is preferred but strong commercial sector candidate with a demonstrable interest and passion of the NGO sector will be considered.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, developing Category Strategies and running complex tenders.
- Strong experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property etc.).
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 25, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page