Roving IT and Data Security Officer – SAVE THE CHILDREN
The objective of this position is to maintain a telecommunication network, hardware and software, and insuring the security of data storage or transformation in communication channels, upgrading technological capabilities. Supporting sub offices for all technical issues and effective communication with all the external concerns, finding the suitable solutions for technology in need to complete the work in all offices, and track and find new innovations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Bachelor Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant degree / Master degree is preferable.
- At least 3 years previous work experience preferably with NGOs and any similar institutions
- Advocacy, campaigning, and documentation skills
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team
- Knowledge in VSAT systems and installation. (& other satalite solutions)
- Good computer skills in MS packages (Computer Applications; word, excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Fluency in English and Arabic Written and Spoken
- Familiarity with network infrastructure and operating systems
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 29, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page