Roving Procurement Coordinator – SAVE THE CHILDREN
The Procurement Coordinator (Sourcing) acts as a crucial component in the SCI Sudan CO’s Procurement team which aims to deliver quality goods and services across all SCI Sudan CO’s Operations. The Procurement Coordinator (Sourcing) is responsible for coordinating sourcing for the CO, including
- Develops and maintains a Sourcing Pipeline of anticipated future Procurement demand for both development and humanitarian programmes.
- Runs sourcing procedures in line with the Procurement Manual to deliver identified business supply needs.
- Ensures best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent sourcing.
- Manages key supplier relationships to develop strong strategic partnerships with critical suppliers.
- Ensures that supplier data base is updated with reputable and capable suppliers whom can deliver the services and supplies as per the requirement.
- Ensures the continuous support of all field locations as per need and requirement/assignment.
- Weekly report to the Head of Procurement on the Procurement Tracker
- Revises and consolidates Procurement Trackers from all field offices and submits to Head of procurement on weekly basis.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Minimum Essential qualification acceptable is a Bachelor degree in management; Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering or related fields.
- Preferred qualifications are MA/MSc/BA and/ or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), Risk Management Professional or equivalent Experience.
- A Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in Procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing complex sourcing processes and supplier relationships
- Solid knowledge and experience of planning and implementing sourcing activity and processes
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Familiarity with the local and regional supplier markets
- Experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property etc.). Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Competency in reporting, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and Negotiation skills
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- High level of computer literacy. Especially excellent MS Excel/Word skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Contract duration: 1-Year renewable.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agent.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 6, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page