Grants Officer Khartoum – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Donor relations|
|Apply Before||05/07/2021, 13:06|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Grants Officer Sudan Khartoum (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
The purpose of the Grants Officer position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the grants function’s responsibility.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the grants function’s portfolio according to Plan of Action
- Provide grants administration and basic support
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Assist in the planning and delivery of grants activity
- Maintain grants records
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the grants function
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
- Providing effective administrative support for Grants and PCM processes
- Implementing appropriate grants guidelines and processes
- Updating and maintaining filing tree for projects and Grants Management Tools, including NRC Cycles
- Scheduling and supporting preparation, documentation, and follow-up of various PCM Meetings
- Assist in timely submission of Grant Applications
- Assist with due diligence and organisational capacity assessments for Local Partnerships & Agreements
- Assist in donor reporting processes
- Supporting with Technical Agreements & HAC Documents
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a person with 3 yrs and above experience in dealing with humanitarian donors.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
For jobs from The Norwegian Refugee Council visit : NRC Jobs Page