Driver/Messenger – CTG
|Organization||Committed To Good.|
|Place of performance||Gedaref, Sudan|
|Duration||up to 1 month (@21.75days/month)|
|Qualification||Completion of Secondary School education Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license with minimum 3rd grade level.|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Transport experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in Arabic (essential) and English (desirable).|
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Under the general supervision of the Support Service Senior Officer/PM in Sudan, the Driver/Messenger provides reliable and safe driving services and clerical support ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver/Messenger demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver/Messenger provides driving services to the staff in the office, Consultants and Experts and our client staff on mission. They will also provide clerical support services inside and messenger services outside the office.
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures prompt and accurate delivery of mails to all UN agencies, multilateral, bilateral, embassies and consular, government and non-governmental agencies/organizations operating from the duty Station. Delivers documents to the courier companies and other locations as required.
- Takes care of office documents for protocol clearance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other government agencies, Embassies and other international organizations operating in the area. Also collects all documents destined to our client’s Sudan office.
- Assists on clerical work in the office when not performing messenger and driving functions. Specifically, S/he binds documents destined to our client ETOH office and other partners, and ensures that documents for filing are well arranged for easy tracking by the Support Service / Operation Staff.
- They will perform any other functions as determined by the Supervisor and Head of Support Services .
- Expedite functions related to staff visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- The key result is accurate, safe and timely execution of our client’s office services
- Timely execution of delivery functions;
- Proactive follow-up on protocol issues with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other partners and government agencies;
- Client satisfaction based on feedback against performance and measurements;
- The office car always in good and serviceable condition.
To the Project Manager
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license with minimum 3rd grade level.
4 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair. Knowledge of the UN will be an advantage.
Fluency in Arabic is required.
Good knowledge of English is highly desirable.
• Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
• Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
• Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
• Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
• Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
• Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
• Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
For jobs from Committed To Good visit : CTG Jobs Page