Communication Consultant – CTG
|Organization||Committed To Good.|
|Position title||Communication Consultant|
|Place of performance||Darfur, El Fasher, Sudan|
|Duration||up to 6 months (@26days/month)|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, journalism, communications or similar with experience in Communication.|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Media & Communications experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English and Arabic are essential.|
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- The Urban Water for Darfur Project (UW4D) aims to attain sustainable and more equitable access to water supply, improved sanitation services and hygiene behaviour for 400,000 urban poor people in two State capitals (300,000 in El Fasher in North Darfur and 100,000 Zalengei in Central Darfur), with an institutional capacity component, targeting the Urban Water Administrations in El Geneina (West Darfur) and Nyala (South Darfur), included to support sustainability. The project further seeks to reduce the current cost of water to households served under this project by at least seventy percent, making it affordable for the most marginalized population
- The project has diverse communication needs relating to knowledge management, project information dissemination and support to communication improvement of UWAs.
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, UW4D, the position supports the UW4D Project communications with external stakeholders, communications projects of four water utilities in Darfur (Geneina, Nyala, Zalingei and el Fasher) and preparation of materials for knowledge management library.
- The Media & Communications Consultant post is located in the UW4D project team, SWC/our client office in Darfur (el Fasher). The consultant works in close collaboration with our client, UNICEF, and government staff to implement the ToR.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Development of UW4D communication strategy and implementation of UW4D communications strategies and procedures, including preparing brochures, social media posts, managing video production and other media items
- Lead development of website with service provider, content management of UW4D website and managing website updates
- Supporting the development of communications strategies and project plans, through knowledge sharing, in four urban water utilities in Darfur and training UWA staff in communications
- Assisting in preparing SOPs and training materials based on project lessons.
- Support communications for workshops, including translating presentations into attractive formats and graphics
- UW4D communication strategy (5 page)
- Publication of brochures, press releases, pamphlets, etc.
- Social media posts
- Videos on project
- Capacity building and knowledge management website
- Formatted and attractive training materials
- Templates and formats for operating procedures
- Branding of Capacity building and utility performance management initiative
- Attractive formats and graphics for presentations
- Translated presentations
- Training workshop on communications strategies for UWAs
- Communication project plans for UWAs.
Monthly and Weekly Report
• Effective Communication
• Integrity and Inclusion
• Results Orientation
• Secondary education required. First university degree in Liberal Arts, journalism, communications or similar with experience in Communication.
• Outstanding copywriting and editing skills in English and either Arabic.
• Experience in communications materials development
• Experience with web publishing and website management.
- Management of suppliers for website design and development
- Management of UWA staff in developing project plans
- Management of videographers
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
For jobs from Committed To Good visit : CTG Jobs Page