Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Gadarif
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Apply Before||29/06/2021, 13:29|
|Degree Level||High School Graduate|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Gadarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
The purpose of the job is day to day implementation of the M&E activities across the projects in Sudan and to be able to travel H2R Areas different districts in Sudan. He or she will be responsible for the data collection, PDM, analysis and report writing of the monitoring sessions of the projects. Also he or she will be responsible for creating data collection tools and digitalization of the data collection tools whenever required for the CCs.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Coordinate process to establish programme level M&E systems
- Participate in log frame design during project proposal process to support on indicator formulation
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flow of M&E activities and reporting
- Support in standardizing M&E across projects
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools and in actual data collection, as needed
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff, as needed
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to relevant programme and managerial staff
- Capacity building and training of programme staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas, as needed
- Support in digitalization of the forms required in M&E and the CCs
- Support in the CRFM (Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism) cases received, followed up and documented
- Maintain the CRFM database updated on a daily basis
- Support the Programme Department in new initiatives, should these arise during the employment period
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the M&E Coordinator and Area Manager
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for an individual with a bachelor in social science, economics, rural development or in other related fields. At least 2 years experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal. Preferable to be from Gedarif area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gadarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
WORKING AT NRC
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
Are you one of those people? If you are, the Norwegian Refugee Council offers you the opportunity to:
Do demanding and professional work, often in challenging contexts:
NRC is focused on quality. In the field, we work hard to solve challenges in demanding environments, often in hard-to-reach areas. We work professionally, with respect for all and focus on safety and teamwork. You will learn fast in a professional setting.
Join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Be part of a welcoming and supportive community committed to human dignity:
We are a team of more than 15,000 humanitarians from all backgrounds, perspectives and ages. You will meet friendly, positive and collaborative colleagues. We nurture a conscious and respectful workplace and look beyond differences in culture, religion, race or gender. We are dedicated to improving the lives and rights of displaced people, whether we work in the field or in the Head Office. We welcome you to a global community of humanitarians, colleagues and friends.
Join our team of experts today:
For jobs from The Norwegian Refugee Council visit : NRC Jobs Page