Logistics Assistant (1668) Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 16:54|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Logistics Assistant – Fleet Sudan Gadarif (National position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of a Logistics Fleet Assistant is to assist in the day to day management of vehicle and transport in Gadaref Area Office.
- Adhere to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the procurement function’s portfolio according to procurement monthly work plans and work and development plan.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by line manager
- Develop, prepare, share, process and archive all procurement documentation as per the procurement policies in place in the country, and as per the logistics handbook procurement section.
- Communicate and arrange meetings with suppliers as requested by the line manager
- Communicate with requesters and field procurement staff in order to provide feedbacks regarding progress of the procurement process and to coordinate transportation and delivery of goods or services.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents, including scanning in NRC filling tree.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement function
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
- Maintain the planning of movement and the dispatch of drivers.
- Act as focal point for all AO Gadaref transport related requests.
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure that all NRC vehicles are clean and in proper operating condition.
- Monitor fuel efficiency, vehicle maintenance, driver road conduct and behavior.
- Support movement monitoring in collaboration with HSS Department.
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in the field of Fleet preferebly from the area.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical Fleet expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.