Finance Assistant – South Kordofan – SFCG
Finance Assistant – South Kordofan, Sudan
SOUTH KORDOFAN /
FINANCE – AFRICA – CENTRAL & EAST /
FULL TIME – LOCAL
Responsible for providing support for record keeping of financial transactions and budget requirements.
- Responsible for providing support for information for financial reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation and completion and timely submission of information for reports
- Responsible for accounting data entry including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounts
- Responsible for completing and documenting transactions, effecting payment against approved invoices, and ensuring all appropriate payments/income is recorded according to organization policy
- Assist with monthly accounting closing process including bank reconciliations, other account reconciliations and end of year closing/audit processes
- Responsible for providing support for audit document requirements and reports
- Assist with ensuring compliance with finance procedures manual and forms
- Responsible for records management for financial files; assist in the development of records management procedures and processes
- Support program staff, affiliated organizations and partners for proposals and budget preparation
- Support and provide ad-hoc coaching to project sub-grantees to ensure timely financial reporting that complies with Search and donor financial standards and regulations
- Certification in business administration or accounting or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Atleast 3 years work experience in financial bookkeeping
- Ability to work and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, in Arabic
- Good communication skills in English are an added advantage
- Good understanding of administrative, financial and general management principles
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to analyze data, along with the capacity to accurately perform a variety of financial tasks by organizing and establishing priorities
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience living and working in South Kordofan, required
This position is open to applicants already living and/or working in South Kordofan only.
Application deadline: 15 May 2021
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.