Nutritionist – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Nutritionist, FTA-NOB, (El Obeid and Kassala) (142127)|
|Location||Sudan – El Obeid|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Nutrition team and enable the delivery of life-changing services? Are you ready to partner with managers and other stakeholders to deliver effective Nutrition programming that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experiencedNutritionists, to join our programme teams in El Obeid and Kassala area offices to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at NOB level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Nutritionist (NOB) at the Area Office, under the Head of Programme at the Area Office, will be responsible for the following:
1. Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
2. Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a co-ordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Develop and co-ordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Track and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
6. Support the identification of potential partners and partnership negotiations to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs for example the production and review of training materials.
8. Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
10. Any other duties as may be assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine, International Affairs, Agriculture, Social Sciences or relevant field OR a first university degree with additional years of experience.
Experience: At least three (3) years of relevant experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in the field of Public Health Nutrition in crisis and recovery environments for holders of an advanced university degree OR five (5) years for holders of a first university degree. Experience working with governments counterparts and other partners on implementing nutrition programmes, strategies and action plans (within food security or health) is added advantage.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience and exposure to implementation of national/international development programmes.
Experience working in public health/food security/ nutrition related activities.
Experience identifying and defining nutrition issues/problems within a country.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
Closing date: 16 May 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants are advised to list the duty stations of their interest in order of preference in their cover letters and application
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED