Senior IT Operations Associate (Infrastructure & Networking) – WFP
|United Nations World Food Programme
|Senior Driver, FTA-G3, (Nyala) (141537)
|Sudan – Khartoum
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Information Technology team and enable the delivery of IT Infrastructure services? Are you ready to partner with managers and other stakeholders to deliver effective IT services and solutions that will support WFP Sudan’s efforts to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Senior IT Operations Associate (Infrastructure & Networking), to join our Information Technology team in Khartoum and to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at G7 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Under the direct supervision the Infrastructure and Networking Team Leader and overall supervision of the IT Operations Officer, the IT Operations Associate will provide technical support for the design, implementation and maintenance of the Country Office Network and telecommunications infrastructure in the country office and, provide second level support to the field offices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review operations to ensure installed infrastructure enables an excellent service to customers and compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Review existing installation and, design and implement improvements to support an excellent operation.
- Conduct regular maintenances, upgrades or enhancements of existing network and telecommunications systems and applications
- Assess related training needs for staff and help develop appropriate training material.
- Manage and coordinate a team of IT support staff including the capacity building of staff, to ensure individual and team objectives are met.
- Provide training and advice to colleagues and end users of IT services,
- Proactively anticipate, resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Coordinate the collation of a range of complex data, conduct data analysis, including the impact of changes, and support the development of accurate reports in order to identify and recommend solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance of systems and hardware by junior technology assistants to ensure technology is running effectively for WFP staff.
- Develop and deploy a variety of documentation and equipment for use by WFP staff to ensure staff have access to the required IT services and products.
- Manage the implementation of new standard applications in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Work with groups in IT service delivery and other staff to understand needs and support the development of integrated IT support services.
- Provide support to users, log and analyze all requests for support in accordance with standard processes, to support staff to deliver their services.
- Support the development and implementation of plans for the delivery of a full range of IT services and improvements to methods and processes in order to meet operational requirements.
- Attend escalated level 2 support in networking and telecommunication systems
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post -secondary school certificate in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering .
Experience: At least six years or more years of relevant progressive responsible experience in in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT networking systems telecommunication services. Proven effective, hands-on networking experience in installing IT networks (Cabling, Routers, Access Points, Firewalls, Internet connections, VSATs), Telecommunications (PBX Systems, Voice Communications), and the supporting electrical installations (Backup power, UPS systems, Generators and solar power).
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 12 May 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED