Logistics Assistant G5 (Funds Management) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Logistics Assistant G5 (Funds Management), Khartoum (141846)|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join the WFP Logistics team and enable the delivery of Logistics related services that support WFP to deliver life-changing services? Are you ready to partner with managers and other stakeholders to deliver effective fund management services that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Logistics Assistants (Funds Management), to join our Logistics teams in Khartoum, on Fixed Term contract at at G5 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Help in the preparation of the SC matrices by collecting the required information from other units & Logistics section.
- Support with regular reviews to ensure FTC are available to meet operational requirements.
- Produce routine analytical FTC reports that support efficient budgeting and fund utilization.
- Monitor the FTC fund availability under activity with routine analytical reports.
- Monitor and analyze FTC budget (Actuals Vs. Plans) for optimum utilization as part of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) implementation.
- Prepare for providing proper charging codes for different services under FTC as per fund availability per activity and per the geographical area where services is provided.
- Create / Increase FRs for Sudan CO, field / area offices and HQ divisions involved in Sudan operation for services related to SC.
- Support the logistics Funds Manager in allocating fund to the field and area offices and provide the relevant charging codes for adhoc services.
- Ensure that PRs & POs are created using the proper charging codes, relevant FRs, cost categories, fund centers and GL codes by review existing PRs & POs and amend as necessary.
- Support on the cleaning up of the open commitments with extractions and analysis of data system, to have the list of pending payments.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Ensure that all POs, PRs, FRs are closed prior to the activity financial closure and or grant expiration.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary school education supplemented by a post-secondary certificate or supplementary course(s) in logistics, business administration, statistics, finance, computer science or any other relevant field;
Experience: At least Four years of progressive working experience in of relevant experience in the field of accounting, financial services and management.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in while completing their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED