Logistics Associate (Fleet) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Logistics Associate (Fleet), G6 & SC6 (142044)|
|Location||Sudan – El Obeid|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a diversity & gender balance and we encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused logistics services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective logistics management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Logistics Associates (Fleet ) to join our Logistics teams in El Obied and Kassala, Sudan,
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for the UN WFP, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
- Carry out and supervise scheduled maintenance & repair, overhaul, reconditioning, modifications, in a most efficient manner with the objective to ensure that all vehicles are maintained to a high standards and roadworthy condition.
- Oversee the materials management aspect of the operation including close monitoring the issuance of spare parts, justifications for ordering and issuing tyres, lubricants & consumable spare parts and relevant workshop materials.
- Prepare a spare parts forecast and request: preparation of orders for spare parts/tires and materials just enough to run the operation and submit these requests to the Workshop Manager approval.
- Maintain an inventory of tools & workshop equipment ensuring a periodic/monthly stock count of tools and spare parts in the workshop.
- Provide oversight and supervision to all staff and ensure that the work is carried out to a satisfactory standard as required including time-keeping and completion of timesheets.
- Conduct necessary technical assessments of trucks and light vehicles whenever necessary
- Investigate means to constantly reduce the operational costs of the Fleet pertaining to maintenance activities.
Additional Key Accountabilities 1
- Use VMRS (Vehicle Maintenance & Reporting Standards), reason-for-repair, work-done-codes and component codes, analyze data to improve maintenance and recommend modifications to solve technical problems.
- Responsible for the supervision of tyres management which include maintenance practices, controlling mechanisms and performance monitoring.
- Ensure that proper workshop administration, record keeping & vehicle history records are well maintained via the Fleet Management System (FMS).
- Ensure that timely and accurate data is entered into the FMS for the repairs, tyres & stock control modules.
- Generate reports and information as required from the FMS, while at the same time analyzing information and quality of report prior to distribution.
- Responsible for the supervision of oil & lubricants ensuring that the quality and quantities of the supply of lubricants is according to standards.
- Ensure that minimum health and safety standards are within acceptable levels taking into consideration environment concerns.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least five years of experience in the related field is mandatory.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.