Logistics Associate SC6 (Food Technologist) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Logistics Associate SC6 (Food Technologist) Khartoum (141160)|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s experienced and talented team to plan and manage field operations to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources in order to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a Logistics Associate, (Food Technologist) for our offices in Khartoum in Sudan to be hired on a Service Contract at the SC6 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To maintain comprehensive approach to food safety and quality management, aimed at maximizing efficiency of food quality assurance activities along the entire food supply chain.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support Goverment in Food labaratory project design and implementation.
2. Support the Goverment in establishing technical requirements of advanced food labaratory equipment from international suppliers/traders.
3. Attend regular meeting with the relevant Govement Ministries related to Laboratory rehabilitation project.
4. Maintain close communication with Sudanese Goverment food regulatory bodies like Federal Ministry of Health, Sudanese Standards Metrology Organization (SSMO), Plant Protection Department, Ministry of Agriculture.
5. In coordination with the Federal Ministry of Health, conduct technical assessment of Goverment food laboratories based on International Laboratory standards ISO 17025:2017 that includes
- Advance Equipment Operation
- Equipment Troubleshooting
- Standard Operation Procedures and Work Instructions
- Personnel Calibration Trainings and Equipment Calibration
- Proficiency testing /PT testing
6. Provide real time upgradation requirements for the Food labaratory project.
7. Advise on the technical training and overall capacity strenghtening essential requirements keeping in view WFP operations and WFP Food commodities.
8. Work closely with Goverment Food labaratory Analysts and specialists and provide support relevant to Food Labaratory project rehabilitation.
9. Establish and document SOP & Work Instruction of all Food Laboratory processes and inclusive of equipment and personnel requireed skills.
10. Provide technical support during installation and operation of new Laboratory equipment, technical training of lab personnel along with supplier technical team.
11. In partnership with relevant Goverment ministries, conduct regular visits to the Food Laboratory as and when required.
12. Manage and maintain good records of all Food Laboratory Project.
13. Perform any other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in in Food Engineering, Food Technology, Food Science or related field to Laboratory operations.
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience in Food Laboratory Operations (Physical, Chemical & Microbiological Laboratory) with additional working in food safety & quality assurance.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Up to date implementation knowledge of Food Laboratory operations, equipments, Methods, and proficiency & validation.
- Working knowledge for implementation of ISO 17205 accreditation in food laboratory is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of operation advanced food laboratory equipment
- Good Analytical skills
- Experience in working with Government health, food safety ministries is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (outlook, word. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and readiness to travel across Sudan.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOUARGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
Closing date: 13 April 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED