Education Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Start Date||01 May 2021|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the (P4) Education Manager, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
He/ She will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process to support the education components of this multi-sectoral area of work. Particularly those related to skills development, empowerment and participation of young people. The Officer is responsible for preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to support UNICEF Sudan current programme. Moreover, he/she will coordinate with other stakeholders like UNHCR, International Labour Organization (ILO) and International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers;
Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV.
Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Master degree in Anthropology, psychology, sociology, education or another relevant technical field.
Required experience: 120 Months.
10 year of which at least two in social development planning and management in adolescent and youth development related areas is required. Experience working in a developing country is highly desirable.
Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
Language: English is a must. Arabic is highly desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other civil society or community development experience.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 15 April 2021