IT Operations Officer FTA-NOA – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||IT Operations Officer FTA-NOA (Multiple Duty Stations) P1/NOA 1 1 (140901)|
|Area of expertise||Information technologies|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s IT team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused IT Solutions? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective logistics management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced IT Operations Officers to be based in mutliple duty stations ( O2 Kassala, El Fasher, Khartoum), Sudan to be hired on a Fixted Term Contract at the NOA level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To support the delivery of efficient and effective IT Operations services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
2. Provide support to maintain IT and Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
3. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
4. Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
5. Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
6. Develop technical skills and knowledge, and build awareness of industry developments.
7. Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
8. Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
10. Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and Telecommunications.
11. Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
12. Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
13. Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
14. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in IT or related fields is required for holders of an advanced university degree, or five years of relevant professional experience in IT or related fields is required for holders of a first university degree. Additional years of experience will be an advantage.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has assisted in the design and implementation of ITIL service management systems for handling customer requests.
• Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
• Has assisted with the specification, development, research and evaluation of client standards.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOUARGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.