Human Resources Assistant G5 & SC5 – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Human Resources Assistant G5 & SC5 (Khartoum) (140442)|
|Area of expertise||Human resources|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s experienced and talented team to plan and manage field operations to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources in order to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an Human Resources Assistant for our office in Khartoum in Sudan.
Two (2) positions – 1 Fixed Term, G5 and 1 Service Contract, SC5.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Headquarters (HQ). The job holders report to an HR Officer or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
3. Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
4. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
5. Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
6. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
7. Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
8. Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
9. Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least two years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
• Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals.
Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV or UN P11 form, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy announcement closes on 15 March 2021.
Qualified Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.