IT Solutions Officer – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||IT Solutions Officer, FTA-NOB, Khartoum (140701)|
|Area of expertise||Information technologies|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s experienced and talented team to plan and manage field operations to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources in order to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an IT Solutions Officer to join our ICT team in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Fixed-Term contract at the NOB level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide technical expertise in the development of efficient and innovative integrated IT solutions meeting WFP’s business needs and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The IT Solutions Officer NOB reports to the Business Transformation Officer and is responsible for the following:
1. Develop and deploy IT systems aligned with business needs ensuring compliance with WFP IT policies and procedures and overall information management strategy.
2. Write detailed technical specifications for developed applications ensuring traceability back to source requirements. Develop and maintain technical documentation for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of functionality.
3. Create test plans and perform testing for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of program code.
4. Install, configure and customize IT systems, integrate and migrate data between systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
5. Guide junior IT solutions development staff to ensure continuous development and promote high performance.
6. Follow the entire release process providing early life support managing incoming change, maintenance and support requests in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solutions.
7. Provide support to users, analyse and resolve issues and enhance IT systems following IT policies, procedures and standards.
8. Deliver training on existing and new IT functionalities and provide continuous user support for capacity building.
9. Contribute to technical specifications supporting the procurement of IT products and services following WFP rules and regulations.
10. Collate and analyse data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience: Advanced University degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field with three years of post-graduate professional experience, or First University degree with five of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Language: Fluency in English language and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has participated in the development of IT systems, applications, and/or databases.
• Has collated data and prepared reports on IT/TC investment and costs in order to facilitate decision-making by stakeholders.
• Has supervised and provided guidance to support staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your updated CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process that includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOUARGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Eligible applicants are advised to indicate the duty station(s) of their preference when submitting their applications
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED