Human Resources Officer – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Human Resources Officer, FTA-NOB|
|Area of expertise||Human resources|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s office administration team and enable the delivery of professional and client-focused services? Are you ready to partner with teams to deliver effective general administrative support that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Human Resources Officers, to join our team in different functional/ operational areas in different duty stations across Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed-Term Contract at NOB level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding). WFP Sudan employs a diverse workforce of 1,100 employees across 17 offices at regional and deep field level. The Human Resources team in Sudan enables the delivery of a professional, client-focused services, partnering with manager to implement HR solutions aligned to corporate priorities. The team ensures that WFP Sudan’s life saving and life changing activities are enabled by an efficient and agile staffing structure and an engaged human resource with the right skill sets, supported supported by a culture of leadership, performance and learning.
To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
2. Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
3. Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
4. Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
5. Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
6. Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
7. Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
8. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
10. Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of post graduate relevant work experience or trainings/courses.
Typically three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Fluency in both English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
• Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women. WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
- Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) of your preference.