Senior Communication Assistant – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||Senior Communication Assistant|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||One-year fixed term, with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Support Coordinator, and direct supervision of the National Communications and Media Officer, and in close coordination with the Programmes Mangers, the successful candidate will support the design and production of high-quality products for print and online purposes for the IOM Sudan Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support planning, implementation and monitoring of all communication related activities of IOM Sudan programmes and projects as outlined in the visibility plan in coordination with the National Communication Officer and the programmes team.
- Draft appropriate information and press materials, including human interest stories through the Community Response App, blogs and social media content.
- Draft complementary, project specific content in accordance with the IOM Sudan communication strategy, IOM standards and donor requirements. This will include newsletters, press releases, briefing notes, talking points and communication products in accordance with IOM standards and donor requirements.
- Design and produce a range of infographics and other digital materials reflecting the mission’s work in Sudan.
- Develop IOM Sudan website and daily social media management through content creation and upload to highlight mission activities.
- Disseminate approved project information materials through the appropriate channels including to partners, diplomatic missions and national and international media outlets in Sudan.
- Liaise with implementing partners (IPs) of IOM on their communication and visibility activities in compliance with the organizational guideline.
- Conduct site visits to various field locations to capture footage of IOM activities and testimonies of beneficiaries.
- Provide overall administrative support to the communication unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Communications, Public Information, Political Science, International Relations, or related fields with four years of relevant work experience.
In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by March 11, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.