Media Assistant – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||03/03/2021, 17:06|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation and translation of press releases and social media posts from English to Arabic.
- Collection, editing, and curation of visual stock, both photo and video.
- Author case studies, people stories, blogs relevant to NRC Sudan project/donor communication and take good quality pictures, where necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Sudanese media community by developing and updating a contact list, organizing networking events.
- Pitch, lead and accompany journalists and other media professionals to NRC project sites.
- Assist in staff training on responsible use of social media and ethical content gathering.
- Draft routine public information products, such as the triannual country fact sheet and situation reports.
- Monitor Sudanese media and social media on relevant topics and trends
- Experience from working on media (news, photography, video) in Sudan
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong command of English, written and spoken
- Photo and video editing skills, desirable
- Social media literacy, desirable
- interest to travel to hard-to-reach locations with programme staff
Females are highly appreciated to apply
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.