Monitoring and Evaluation Manager – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Apply Before||02/03/2021, 10:35|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
We are looking for a highly dedicated M&E Manager for our new country programme in Sudan. This is an opportunity to play a leading role in strategic direction and quality assurance of monitoring and evaluation in the country office in Khartoum.
About the role:
The M&E Manager designs and implements the M&E strategy and SOPs and supports and oversees implementation of project-specific M&E plans. The M&E Manager also plans for and generates the evidence and learning required to feed into programme and strategic decision making.
The M&E Manager also recruits, hires, supervises and coaches M&E staff, and is responsible for their ongoing professional development plans, as well as increasing the knowledge and use of M&E learning for all NRC staff who have M&E responsibilities.
In addition to these responsibilities, in NRC Sudan the M&E Manager will also have additional items of interest and responsibility in their portfolio, including: Complaints, Feedback, and Response Mechanism (CFRM), programme data protection and responsibility, Value for Money performance, and integrated programme design support.
Profiles and backgrounds we are looking for:
- At least five years of demonstrated management experience in design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and research for large to mid-scale international projects or programme
- Excellent analytic, communication, interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills.
- Technical competency and prior experience implementing various programme evaluation methodologies and approaches
- Advanced experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and tools, including data visualisation software, e.g. Microsoft Power BI
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Arabic language skills are ideal
- Experience within supporting M&E for one of NRC’s core competency areas (CCCM, Education, ICLA, LFS, Shelter, WASH), is ideal
- Advanced degree in economics, research methods, social sciences or a related field, is ideal
Safe working conditions, valuable employee benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Challenging, meaningful and varied work! A strongly committed, diverse team in a well-known humanitarian knowledge organisation. Salary/benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions. This is a fixed term contract period of 18 months.
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on candidates.
Focus on female staff in the field
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities for male and female staff at all levels within the organisation. With this in mind, we aim to increase the proportion of female staff among the NRC workforce as a whole.