National Consultant -Youth Project Coordinator – UN WOMEN
|Organization||UN WOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women|
|Title||National Consultant -Youth Project Coordinator|
|Type of Contract||Individual Contract|
|Application Deadline||27/02/2021 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, SUDAN|
|Languages||Required: Arabic, English|
|Duration of Initial Contract||20 Working days|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women Sudan in line with the theme for International Women’s Day, 8 March 2021 (IWD 2021) as, “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world.” It is also aligned with the priority theme of the 65th session of the Commission on the Status of Women, “Women’s full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls”, and the flagship Generation Equality campaign, which calls for women’s right to decision-making in all areas of life, equal pay, equal sharing of unpaid care and domestic work, an end all forms of violence against women and girls, and health-care services that respond to their needs.
The approach of UN WOMEN Sudan celebration of the international women’s day will take gender equality and cultural rights to building the state and building peace in a democratic manner, the activities will work on macro, meso and micro level within the context of COVID-19. These activities will be continuing efforts to empower young females and to fight the harmful social norms that discriminate women through enriching the cultural rights that celebrate women and girls in due to intersectionality.
Within the context of Sudan, there’s a tendency to focus on civil and political rights to the neglect of economic, social and cultural rights means that, particularly in the area of root causes, the needs of people are not being met and useful tools of analysis and action are not being utilized specially when it comes to women’s cultural rights. It seemed particularly important to address the cultural rights of women, as culture and cultural arguments are regularly used to advocate for less rights or different rights for women, or to justify discrimination in various aspects of life.
UN WOMEN is hence, planning to celebrate and advocate for women’s cultural rights through arts as universal language, which attracts and empowers human beings around the globe more than any other means of communication. Art is the most powerful and joyful medium to promote the universal values of human rights. It can only flourish in an atmosphere of freedom from fear, violence and repression. Democratic societies based on human rights provide the best institutional framework in which arts can thrive and female artists are empowered, well represented and protected against repression and persecution.
UN WOMEN Sudan plan to open spaces for Sudanese young female artists to contribute to inclusive and equitable development and decision-making processes within the three levels of the governance. This will be done through series of workshops.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will be expected to undertake the following:
- Execute a results-driven strategy for the international women’s day.
- Create network of female artists from the different states in due to intersectionality.
- Organize three workshops with the institution of arts, gender and human rights experts.
- In close collaboration with communication department, develop advertisement strategy.
- Supervise the flowing of the work and the content to ensure timely delivery.
Coordinate team work to ensure the following deliverables;
- A draft agenda for the human right and gender from an art point of view.
- A strategy to create a platform for young artists.
- Pieces of the arts produced
- An artistic book includes all pieces and photos.
Core Values/Guiding Principles
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Development and Innovation:
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
Work in teams:
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating and Information Sharing:
- Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence:
- Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behaviour towards others.
- Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge.
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making:
- Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Demonstrated development/programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to gender issues and women’s cultural rights.
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence;
Required Skills and Experience
Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (Arts, Mass Communication or Marketing, or similar).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in cultural and social project coordination;
- Good understanding of virtual and paint art;
- Experience with planning, organizing, and implementing projects.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in Arabic will be an added advantage.
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment .
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.