Business Support Assistant SC6 – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Business Support Assistant SC6 (DAMAT Nurse) (138470)|
|Area of expertise||Occupational health and wellness|
|Type of contract||Short term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – El Geneina|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s DAMAT Medical Project team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Medical services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective medical solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you. At WFP, we are looking for a talented DAMAT Nurse Business Support Assistantto support our Medical Team in Multiple Duty Stations (El Geneina, Nyala, El Fsher, Zalingie & El Daien) Sudan, to be hired on Service Contract at the SC6 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out a five- year Country Strategic Plan (2019 – 2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
Job holder is a BSA and Nurse and based in the AO/SO in Darfur – expected to employ their nursing experience as well as general administrative and medical administrative experiences to deliver a wide range of nursing and business support processes with professionalism within the DAMAT project. Their role will facilitate the effective delivery of quality medical services to WFP staff & their family members along with other team players, DAMAT Medical Officers, DAMAT Head Doctor and DAMAT Project Manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collect electronically the information related to the DAMAT clinic usage, the pharmaceutical stocks and the clinic expenses, consolidating them using the DAMAT official reports layouts.
- Assist DAMAT team members with all the administrative, logistic and procurement related activities.
- Administer recommended vaccines on a case-by-case basis (following standard operating procedures of the Medical Section which are based on World Health Organization and Centres for Disease Control recommendations) and record the administered vaccines on the international vaccination card.
- Provide support to DAMAT members in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health protection and prevention programmes concerning WFP staff.
- Provide medical support to WFP staff and their eligible dependents for minor medical conditions, whenever the doctor is not immediately available.
- Provide health education trainings to employees and family members
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
7- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
8- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
9- Maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
10- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
11- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
12- Perform any other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience:Minimum 5 years of experience in nursing, of which at least 3 years should be in a capacity directly relevant to the current position, preferably in a UN medical service or equivalent environment.
Language: Fluency in both Arabic & English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- To have good nursing skills, knowledge of first aid delivery and vital sign measurement ability
- To have good knowledge of different classes of pharmaceuticals, consumables, medical equipment
- To have knowledge of critical medical conditions to support doctors in case of emergencies
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
Qualified Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.