Human Resources Associate FT G6, El Geneina – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Human Resources Associate FT G6, Sudan, El Geneina Area Office 1 (135448)|
|Area of expertise||Human resources|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – El Geneina|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Human Resources team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective HR solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you. At WFP, we are looking for a talented HR Associateto support our HR Team in El Geneina Area Office, Sudan, to be hired on Fixed Term Appointment at the G6 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out a five- year Country Strategic Plan (2019 – 2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
3. Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
4. Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
5. Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
6. Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
7. Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
8. Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
9. Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
10. Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
11. Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
12. Perform any other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills: • Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
• Ability to conduct basic analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
• Experience in supervising and co-ordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
Language: Fluency in both Arabic & English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked with technical teams (talent aquisition, capacity building…etc).
• Has contributed to implementation of HR projects.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.