Programme Analyst, NOA, Kassala, SUDAN – UNFPA
|Job Title||Programme Analyst, NOA, Nyala, SUDAN|
|Duty Stations||Kassala, Sudan|
The Programme Analyst analyses and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes. You will report to the Area Coordinator.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Analyst will support the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of population and development, reproductive health, gender/GBV and Youth. Through analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends, you will contribute to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks.
You will support in monitoring results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Ensuring the development and timely receipt of annual work plans and budgets from implementing partners.
- Ensuring that financial and narrative reporting obligations to UNFPA are met.
- Ensuring that regular reviews and adjustments are made based on operational matters to achieve optimum results.
- Bringing to the attention of UNFPA management challenges in a timely manner and proposing solutions and alternate strategies for achieving results.
- Providing oversight and technical assistance to ensure that activities in the agreed annual work plans are implemented in a timely manner, within budget and are of good quality.
- Contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge by summarizing and documenting results, lessons learned success and best practices, strategies and approaches.
- Participating actively in meetings and desk reviews and undertaking monitoring missions to assess progress in implementation, including appropriate substantive and administrative follow-up actions,
- Liaising between his/her counterpart in sister agencies to obtain reports, relevant information and providing feedback and advice to the UNFPA Country Office management on the progress in implementing the programme.
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to population and development, reproductive health, gender/GBV and Youth, and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Ensuring implementing partners working on related activities are communicating adequately with each other to minimize duplication and enhance synergies.
- Ensure development of essential minimum packages and monitoring tools to support quality implementation of each pillar of UNFPA’s component of the Joint Programme.
- Identify the capacity gaps and provide technical assistance and capacity building to government and civil society partners to ensure the work plan is implemented within budget and in the prescribed time period.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience in programme/ project management and at least one of the mandate areas of UNFPA work (RH, GBV, Youth, Gender, Population and Development),
Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
Embracing diversity in all its forms
Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
Thinking analytically and Strategically
Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
Communicating for Impact
Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships,
Delivering results-based programmes,
Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Notice to applicants: In accordance with the rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, are required to renounce such status upon their appointment. Exceptions to this rule are very limited and can be made only for: (a) stateless persons; (b) newly appointed staff members who have applied for citizenship by naturalization, when such citizenship will be granted imminently; (c) acting staff members in the General Service and related categories with permanent residency status, on promotion to the Professional category; (d) staff members appointed under a temporary appointment. Please understand that UNFPA is not in a position to provide advice on or assistance in applying for any citizenship.