Admin/Finance Associate – UNFPA
|Job Title||National Post – Admin/Finance Associate – GS-6 – Multiple Stations – Sudan|
|Duty Stations||Nyala, El Obeid, Kassala|
|Position numbers||00164550, 00164551, 00164552|
The position works under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Area Coordinator, and under overall guidance of the Head, Field Operations Unit and International Operations Manager (IOM).
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative and Finance Associate delivers effective administrative and finance advice and services to internal and external clients and contributes to the efficient and sound financial operation of the UNFPA Programme in (name of Area Office), mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures and taking a client-oriented and result-focused approach when providing guidance to project team members and IPs.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Ensure effective implementation of corporate policies and procedures, systems and applications in support of the UNFPA Programme operations in (Name of Area Office)
- Monitoring and management of project activities.
- Work with implementing partners to maintain up-to-date financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments and supporting documents, financial statements and other day-to-day transactions.
- Jointly with implementing partners ensure accuracy of requests for Funding Authorization and Certificate of Expenditure (FACE), ensure timely submission of FACE and provide the needed follow up with the CO with regard to transfer of project funding.
- Produce regular budget and expense reports for review by programme staff to track implementation rates and identify gaps in funding.
- Manage the office petty cash, maintain accurate documentation and reporting on expenses and prepare requests for replenishment.
- Ensure that all project expenditures are in accordance with UNFPA policies and procedures and are in line with project document.
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on financial transaction, as required.
- Prepare procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner.
- Provide Administrative support to the programme team during conferences, workshops, meetings and other events.
- Participates in spot checks and assessments of Implementing Partners (IPs) with a focus on logistics/warehouse/distribution compliance and subsequent capacity building.
- Responsible for raising project related requisitions in Atlas and providing necessary supporting documentation for approval.
- Initiate and maintain project filing system for all related project correspondence and project monitoring tools (LoU, MoU, SCs, AWPs, AWPMT, SPR, FMVs)
- Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring the provision and maintenance of services and supplies.
- Ensure the provision of timely and quality office supplies, material and equipment based on office needs.
- Support in all logistics process in coordination with UNFPA Main Office
- Maintains up-to-date inventory records, staff attendance records, vehicle logbooks, etc.
- Ensures internal controls of administrative systems are efficient and are in line with UNFPA guidelines.
- Support the Security Focal Point whenever required in security related issues.
- Maintains up-dated list of staff and ensures adherence to security requirements.
- Reports to the Area Coordinator all non-compliance with security measures and /or requirements.
- Directly supervises the office driver/s, guard/s as well as other support staff if applicable.
- Performs other duties as required by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Level Education. A bachelor’s level university degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics or related disciplines is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems
- Prior experience in working with ERP financials is an advantage.
- UN common system experience is desirable.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Managing the organization’s financial resources
- Providing procurement services
- Ensuring facilities and assets management
- Addressing the rights and needs of staff members
- Provide logistical support
- Manage data
- Manage documents, correspondence and reports
- Manage information and workflows
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Support financial data analysis
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Notice to applicants: In accordance with the rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, are required to renounce such status upon their appointment. Exceptions to this rule are very limited and can be made only for: (a) stateless persons; (b) newly appointed staff members who have applied for citizenship by naturalization, when such citizenship will be granted imminently; (c) acting staff members in the General Service and related categories with permanent residency status, on promotion to the Professional category; (d) staff members appointed under a temporary appointment. Please understand that UNFPA is not in a position to provide advice on or assistance in applying for any citizenship.