Head of Mission – COOPI
|ROLE||Head of Mission|
|DURATION||12 months (renewable)|
|REQUESTED EXPERIENCE||min. 5 years|
COOPI is looking for a Head of Mission in Sudan
The Head of Mission is responsible for the country coordination in its different aspects: staff, logistics, budget and procedures’ respect. S/he represents COOPI in its relations with the donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies. S/he cooperates with the Area Manager (AM)/ Regional Coordinator in the definition of the Country Strategy and the intervention priorities. S/he guarantees the correct project implementation and ensures the Country Regulation presence and respect. He/she guarantees the compliance with the organization and the donors’ procedures.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
- S/he manages relations with the main institutional donors and with potential ones;
- S/he represents COOPI in the country/area by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners;
- S/he also is responsible of the organization’s reputation in the country.
Strategy and planning
- S/he verifies and proposes to the AM/DCC the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country;
- S/he contributes to the definition of the Country Strategy and proposes the country planning (projects and coordination).
- S/he coordinates and directly monitors projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards;
- S/he coordinates the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the AM/DCC and the headquarters support offices;
- S/he is responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested by the central headquarters;
- S/he ensures the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters.
Country office management
- S/he is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management: economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines;
- S/he guarantees the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation.
- S/he is responsible for the local staff management;
- S/he participates and supports the AM/DCC and the Human Resources office in the selection of the expatriate staff;
- S/he coordinates and monitors the country’s expatriate staff management.
- S/he is responsible for the expatriate staff security, for the correct implementation and respect of the general security rules.
Economic and financial management
- S/he is responsible for the country’s economic result;
- S/he supervises the financial management and ensures – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected; s/he participates to the projects/coordination budget preparation;
- S/he has the signature for all COOPI’s bank accounts in the country.
- S/he cooperates with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country.
- Degree in Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, Agriculture or Sustainable Development and Sustainable Agriculture or a related field or equivalent work;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the humanitarian field and in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO;
- Previous working experience with main donors, specifically EU, ECHO, AICS, UN (SHF funds);
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
For Jobs From Cooperazione Internazionale Visit: COOPI Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses