Youth Associate National Specialist – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNFPA Youth Analyst and Media Analyst or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the Youth Associate will:
- · Support development and implementation of the CO´s strategy and other relevant steering documents on young people feeding into the youth portfolio.
- · Special focus on taking part in the work of young people´s enhanced empowerment and engagement at all levels by the implementation of UNSCR 2250 for young people to become agents of positive change.
- · Liaise with internal UNFPA and external stakeholders on interlinkages between UNFPA mandate and issues related to UNSCR 2250, peacebuilding and durable solutions.
- · Assist mainstreaming of young people by supporting programme officers (both CO and field offices) and partners in drafting work plans and project proposals and finding linkages between units.
- · Conduct and take part in needs-assessment of young people by consultations feeding into evidence-based interventions.
- · Contribute to providing guidance and regular monitoring and evaluation of interventions and components related to young people by working with partners.
- · Identify, assess and maintain partners who are youth-led or youth-focused organizations, as part of strengthening social movements.
- · Provide support in establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conduct field visits, participation in review meetings and evaluations.
- In coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, participate in routine implementation of assigned projects.
- Collaborate with the Communication unit.
- Contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned/best practices, recommendations, success stories, strategies and approaches.
- · Assist in coordinating Y-PEER related activities (trainings, meetings, development of Y-PEER publications, web-site update, etc.) on national level and assist the UNFPA CO in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of said activities.
- · Contribute to selection process and recruitment of young people to participate at different related activities both on national and regional/international level.
- · Assist UNFPA CO in developing the youth parliament(s) and follow up and provide support.
- · Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- · Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- · Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- · Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- · Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc;
- · Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- · Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Required experience: 24 Months
Relevant experience in youth programming working with young people, especially engagement and participation.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Youth and sports
Area of expertise details:
· Relevant experience in youth programming working with young people, especially engagement and participation.
· Demonstrated understanding of adolescent and youth challenges and programming in developing and humanitarian settings.
· Relevant experience in working with youth-led or youth focused organizations.
· Proficiency in current office software applications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively in multi-sectoral teams.
Initiative and sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work professionally and independently in a challenging environment.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents in Sudan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 26-01-2021.
For Jobs From United Nations Volunteers Visit: UNV Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses