Residential Security Guards S3 British Embassy – FCO
Residential Security Guards S3 (01/21 KRT)
|Job Category||Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)|
|Job Subcategory||Security Guards|
|Application deadline||25 January 2021|
|Type of Position||Permanent|
|Working hours per week||44.5 hours|
|Type of Post||British Embassy|
|Number of vacancies||6|
|Starting monthly salary ()||USD 292.92 + 20% of the basic salary as Shift Disturbance Allowance (SDA) + Transport Allowance USD 72|
|Start Date||10 February 2021|
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purpose of Job
The Residential Security Guard protects and ensures the safety and security of the occupants (householders) and their family and all properties within the staff residential premises. Always being alert and vigilant and actively working in accordance the established instructions and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing security-guarding duties according to the main “Security Guarding Assignment Instructions” and the separate instructions on Patrol, Under-Vehicle Search, and Take-Over Hand-Over (HOTO) of duty.
- Control ling Access and egress to and from the residential premise making the appropriate security checks and entries in the occurrence and ensuring authorised entrance and departure of people and property.
- Conducting patrol within and around the residential premises using the electronic patrol system and its instructions.
- Record details of daily activities in the occurrence book.
- Reporting immediately to the duty security supervisor any:
- Incidents and threats such as intruder, attempted theft, fire
- Suspicious objects or behaviour
- Irregularities, dysfunctional or damaged equipment, property and facilities
- Potential safety hazards such as exposed electrical cables and uncovered manholes or wastage of resource such as water leaks
- Prolonged power outages and or excessive generator running times
6. Staying alert to make and/or acknowledge and respond to radio calls at any time.
7. Taking good care of all security equipment and facilities and keeping the guardhouse, bathroom, and changing room and the surroundings orderly , tidy and clean
8. Strictly maintain the line of command ensuring to first communicate with the duty supervisors any compliant, proposal, or report
9.Other tasks deemed necessary by the security management
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum Security Qualification / Diploma
- Minimum of 3-year experience working as a security guard with an Embassy, UN, other NGO or International organisation
- Experience in the use of security equipment & radio communication
- A good level of physical fitness and health
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Good level of IT
- Valid driving licence
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
– E.Learning :
– Basic Fire Awareness for All Staff.
– IT Induction.
– Counter Fraud, Bribery and Corruption: All staff.
– Unconscious Bias.
– Diversity at workplace
Morning Shift: 0700 – 1500 hrs
Afternoon shift: 1500 – 2300 hrs
Night shift: 2300 – 0700 hrs
The work pattern is in a cycle of 6-working days: 2 morning; 2 afternoon & 2 night shifts followed by two off days.
The British Embassy is located in the heart of Khartoum and offers a modern and healthy work environment, with a competitive remuneration package, including on-site access to leisure facilities. The Embassy is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system, generous Health Insurance Scheme, good development opportunities, an excellent organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance. We treat people with respect and equality and have a zero tolerance policy for any form of discrimination, bullying or harassment.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Khartoum are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Sudan.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to; Obtain the relevant permit; Pay the fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- British Embassy will only contact successful candidates, if you do not hear from us please consider your application unsuccessful
For More Jobs From British Embassy – FCO visit: FCO Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses