Cleaner Sudan Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Posting Date||11/01/2021, 22:37|
|Apply Before||25/01/2021, 22:37|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean the offices, guest houses, meeting rooms, washrooms/WC, kitchen and other common areas such as the compound
- Ensure compliance with NRC procedures and policies
- Ensure that washrooms are properly stocked with wash requirements
- Dust and polish furniture, windows, doors and equipment
- Empty wastepaper baskets, dustbins and shredding machines
- Prepare and serve tea and coffee to NRC staff and visitors
- Report any relevant gaps, damages and breakages to line manager
- Support the administration with ad hoc duties
- Ensures that his work is appropriate with hygiene procedures and standards.
- Establishes a daily cleaning program validated by the supervisor
- Takes care of the cleaning and cleanliness in the offices, the guest house as well as the facades and exterior areas
- Ensures that the current maintenance products are properly stored and prepares orders to give to logistics according to the established schedule.
- Fills the maintenance book and reports any breaks.
- Takes care of the shopping at the market and the preparation of meals (on specific request).
- Keep the kitchen clean.
- Knows and enforces hygiene standards.
- Ensure that appliances are used properly and ensure they are maintained.
- Managing the laundry in the guest houses
- Experience from working as a Cleaner with an NGO, charity or similar organization is an added A reasonable level of fitness.
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work both alone and in a team.
- Awareness of health and safety procedures.
- Reading skills for following instructions.
- Maths skills for measuring cleaning fluids.
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses