Driver Sudan Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Posting Date||11/01/2021, 22:24|
|Apply Before||25/01/2021, 22:24|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical/vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
For Moe Jobs From The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses