Logistics Assistant SC 5 – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Logistics Assistant SC 5|
|Area of expertise||Supply chain|
|Type of contract||Short term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Health and Medical services and promote a culture of performance and learning? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan- with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2019. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out it is five-years Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, Food and Vouchers), along with life-changing types of programming (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Create and maintain Logistics service Purchase Orders in WFP’s Information Network and Global System (WINGS) using the correct budget codes, vendor details, quantities, contract rates and contract terms.
- Create and maintain Service Entry Sheets (SES) in WINGS after verifying that PO details are correct and are related to the services rendered prior to the approval of service delivery confirmation and taking into consideration the WFP International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) requirements on Goods Receipt Notes (GRNs).
- Ensure service providers submit their invoices in a timely manner according to WFP requirements.
- Ensure service provider’s invoices are processed & approved in Invoice Tracking System (ITS) in a timely manner based on valid contracts and following thorough verification of the invoices details.
- Ensure problematic vendor invoices are communicated to the immediate supervisor and vendors for correction.
- Support reconciliation of data related to Food Transfer Cost (FTC) funds to determine validity of expenditures, ensure accuracy in posting, and make follow-ups accordingly, in support to informed decision-making.
- Contribute to budget preparation where needed and support Funds management sector in ensuring adherence to relevant FTC procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, transport performance, invoice status).
- Ensure proper filing of invoices and correspondences related to Logistics funds management and invoice processing.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Liaise with Area Offices to support in efficient management of FTC funds through provision of correct charging code and monitoring the expenditure postings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting|
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Knowledge and experience in working with Internationally recognized Financial systems like SAP.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of progressive working experience in general Logistics work.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENT WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
CLOSING DATE 14 January 2021
- Qualified female applicants encouraged to apply.
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills.
The United Nations’ greatest asset is the quality of its staff. To ensure that the very best people join the UN team we use a competency based interview process.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For Jobs From WFP Visit: WFP Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses