Project Management Office (PMO) Associate (Roster) – UNOPS
|United Nations Office for Project Services
|Project Management Office (PMO) Associate (Roster)
|AFR, ETOH, Sudan
|Local ICA Support
|24-Dec-2020 to 23-Jan-2021
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
The Project Management Office (PMO) – Associate will, under the supervision, guidance, and in cooperation with the Head of the Programme contribute to consistent implementation of the UNOPS project management method and standards across the Project portfolios. The PMO Associate will provide assistance for the project development, set up and closure, support the Project Managers in establishment and or development of project management tools and products, contribute to monitoring and control of projects progress and performance. He or she will provide support to the Head of the Programme and other Project/Program & management personnel in addressing information requests from the Regional Office, HQ, and other UNOPS organizational units. The selected candidate will also play an important role in establishing programme management tools at the level of the Office. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the project developers in design of the Project Initiation Document
- Help with the establishment of the tools envisaged by the UNOPS Project Management Manual (PMM)
- Support the development of high-level programme/project plans
- Contribute to review of status of projects, while focusing on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and benefit
- Contribute to review of projects’ implementation of PMM and other requirements
- Support conduct of quarterly assurance functions and other quality assurance and control methods
- Provide routine oversight and analysis of delivery data within the dashboard system, using UNOPS ERP system as required
- Contribute to identification of potential risks and issues specific to delivery forecasts, and suggest mitigating measures to the Head of Programme
- Provide editorial support to programmes and projects, ensuring effective and timely dissemination of reports, in line with project documentation and clients’ expectations
- Support collection and compilation of information in response to requests or initiatives from the Regional Office, IPAS, and HQ Teams, as required
- Assist in development of external reports
- Contribute to establishment of tracking systems and tools to facilitate monitoring of progress and performance. Regularly update these systems and tools
- Contribute to establishment and maintenance of key management files related to the UNOPS projects
- Support the HoP in design and implementation of initiatives that contribute to enhancement of project management maturity
- Contribute to design and delivery of capacity building activities for personnel, while focusing on UNOPS project management standards and requirements
- In collaboration with the HoP, engage with PMs and other personnel in order to identify and share lessons learned and best practices. Establish mechanism to record lessons and best practices and ensure it is maintained
- Contribute to development of stakeholder profiles and assist in development of external communications products
- Provide organisational and administrative support regarding organisation of internal meetings and functions
- Contribute to project closure activities, including but not limited to tasks related to disposal of project assets, final reporting, updating information and or uploading material in the UNOPS systems
- Support PMs in development of closure plans
- Participate in relevant Communities of Practice.
- Secondary school diploma is required.
- Bachelor or Master degree in project management, development studies, business administration, international relations or related fields is an asset.
- Minimum six years of relevant professional experience in project management support function is required. Bachelor/Master degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Experience in successful implementation and/or oversight of projects would be an asset.
- Knowledge of project management tools related to stakeholders, risk and issue management, monitoring and reporting, would be an asset.
- Experience with the UN or other international organisation is desirable but not mandatory.
- PRINCE2 Foundation certification is highly desirable.
- Arabic as a native language is required
- Fluent knowledge of English is required
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: LICA-6
Contract duration: Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – Sudan
The UNOPS Sudan office is based in Khartoum and works closely with the Government of Sudan and international partners to support humanitarian response, recovery and development initiatives. UNOPS is the United Nations sector lead for the Basic Infrastructure Sector in Sudan and helps partners achieve their project goals in sectors including: water resource management, education, census and elections, human resource management and mine action.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
For Jobs From United Nations Office for Project Services Visit: UNOPS Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses