Monitoring Assistant SSA 4 (El Gadarif) – WFP
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
|United Nations World Food Programme
|Monitoring Assistant SSA 4 (El Gadarif) (131784)
|Area of expertise
|Field operations management
|Type of contract
|Short term opportunities
|Sudan – El Gadarif
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
2. Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
3. Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
4. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
5. Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
6. Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
7. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of relevant working experience.
- Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
• General knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the rescreening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- This positions is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorised to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.