Operations Associate – G7 – UNDP
|Organization||United Nations Development Programme|
|Posting Date||07/12/2022, 10:23 AM|
|Apply Before||07/26/2022, 10:23 AM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
|Vacancy Type||Fixed Term|
|Bureau||Regional Bureau for Arab States|
|Contract Duration||1 Year with Possibility for extension|
|Education & Work Experience||Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 7 year(s) experience|
|Required Languages||Fluency in English|
|Vacancy Timeline||2 Weeks|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
As part of the UN country team in Sudan, UNDP aims to contribute to the significant reduction of extreme poverty throughout the country and to support the establishment of a critical mass among Sudan’s people that is ready and able to engage in the development process of the country. In line with the overarching SDG goal “Leave No One Behind” (embedded among others in SDGs 1, 5,10 and 13) UNDP programme interventions will target localities characterized by high levels of poverty and exclusion and/or affected by conflict.
The country office’s vision is to strengthen resilience and prompt inclusive sustainable development in Sudan. This vision is fully aligned with UNDP’s corporate Strategic Plan as well as with the UNDAF currently being developed and embedded in the global SDG framework.
To that end, UNDP will support stabilization and governance for peace as well as environmentally sustainable development. UNDP pays particular attention to the inclusion of marginalized groups, including women and youth representing the most promising potential for change in Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the DRR/O and direct supervision of the Government Relations and Coordination Specialist, the Operations Associate provides the overall administration and execution of varied and inter-related operational and logistical activities for the Country Office, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. He/She will supervise the support staff in his/her portfolio.The Operations Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and HQ focal points as well as with other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
1. Implementation of operational strategies
- Ensure full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Support to the CO administrative business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
- Act as the main focal point for Operations Support Services in support of the Head of Unit
2. Effective and efficient provision of administrative support services
- Coordination and supervision of support staff engaged in the fields of registry, and general services.
- Coordination and supervision of shipments and customs clearance, events management, conference hall booking, administrative surveys, space management, and management of office supplies.
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources for administrative services
- Coordination and supervision of protocol matters, staff registration, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters.
- Submission of information on administrative services provided for cost-recovery bills.
- Support in the elaboration and implementation of cost savings and reduction strategies
3. Proper supply and assets management
- Coordination of assets management: receipt, capitalization in Atlas, tagging, movement of assets, disposal, transfers, submission to the Procurement and Assets Committee (ACP); implementation of the ACP recommendations, correction into Atlas; ensure the constant cleaning of the In-service Report (ISR) and the conformity of the data;
- Coordination of assets management in the CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, and coordination of physical verification of inventory items.
- Supervision of office supplies certification.
- Identification of problems in the inventories, make corrections and ensure the updating of data to guarantee the reliability of the data extracted from the system.
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
4. Effective administrative and financial control in the office
- Implementation of the control mechanism for administrative services, and maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Review, research, verification, and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations
- Creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, audit, and other reports.
- Provision of researched information, and reports for audit exercises.
- Assistance in the preparation of audit and implementation of audit recommendations
5. Effective supervision of office contractual services
- Coordination and supervision of service contracts serving the country office and its project field offices. Follow up on contractual arrangements and make recommendations in close collaboration with the Security Unit and other concerned units.
- Supervision of office maintenance and related materials.
- Ensure proper functioning of the cafeteria.
- Coordination and supervision of office facilities: telephone, electricity, water, etc. Make recommendations to improve these services end ensure high quality.
- Administer surveys to get feedback from office personnel in view of increasing service quality and satisfaction.
6. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organization of training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Briefing to staff members on general administrative matters; provision of advice and administrative support.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
The Operations Associate supervises support staff of the Registry, Protocol, Assets, and General Services
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 2: Scale-up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking|
|Learn Continuously||LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning|
|Adapt with Agility||LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously|
|Engage and Partner||LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
|Customer Satisfaction/Client Management||Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.|
|Collective intelligence design||Ability to bringing together diverse groups of people, data, information or ideas, and technology to design services or solutions|
|Human-centered design||Ability to develop solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process.|
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education is required, or
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration or any other related field will be given due consideration
- Minimum 7 years with Secondary education or 4 years with University degree of relevant experience in administration, logistics, and assets management f.
- Good experience in immigration, customs and shipments at the national level.
- Previous experience in an international organization will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling web-based management systems.
Fluency in English
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.