Finance Manager – DRC
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading non-profit, independent, rights-based refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
- Headquarters: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Founded: 1956
- Key people: Charlotte Slente – Secretary-General
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Contract type:||Expatriate or national contract|
Overall purpose of the role:
The post holder is Responsible for all finance related tasks in Sudan, manages finance staff and ensures compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook. The role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within Sudan regarding all Finance functions. The role provides technical support and leadership in the use of DRC Dynamics ERP and offer guidance in reporting and managing of the transactions in the system.
- Ensure compliance with DRC financial procedures as well as with local legislation being responsible for maintaining efficient controlling mechanisms within the finance function.
- Participate in improving of structures, systems and routines in Finance that enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of program implementation in general.
- Contribute the development of country plans and Financial Results contracts in accordance with DRC Global Policies and guidelines that will ensure the Country staff adhere to plans and monitor results against expected outcomes and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets for new project proposals in close collaboration with the Senior Management Team, CD/PMs and Grants Manager.
- Liaises with regional and headquarters Desk Finance Officers regarding Country financial matters.
- Perform site visits to provide financial control, field finance oversight and staff training.
- Thorough verification of documents submitted for payment and providing budget codes for country Office costs.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data entered into DRC Dynamics and that all expenses are in accordance with the donor budgets.
- Ensure that donor budgets are fully utilized.
- Prepare and maintain the Country program Master Budget
- Control of cash holdings and cash flow.
- High quality and timely reporting to donors, headquarter etc.
- Maintenance of a transparent and consequent cost-allocation system for shared costs in line with DRCs Operations Handbook.
- Lead and manage the Finance team in the Sudan Program
- Provide functional guidance to the Finance teams in the Country and field offices.
- Participate in the recruitment of key Finance staff in the country and field offices.
- Work to build the capacity of finance staff throughout the program through frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support.
- On-going training and support to Country Director and relevant project managers.
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Leading the implementation of all finance functionalities in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, including Expense Reports, cash advances, PO and cost invoice functionality in addition to the standard ones.
- Ensure ERP Finance and project functionality is properly used by relevant staff according to their rights.
- Organize and train on DRC Dynamics Finance and projects functionality in the country program.
- Act as Heavy User for most of the Projects & Finance functionality
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 5 years’ experience in INGO/UN of which at least 3 years in a similar role are required.
- Stable and robust character.
- Proven Management and supervision skills, team player and proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
Degree in Finance or Accounting and final certification in CPA or ACCA with at least 5 years work experience in finance or accounting in INGOs.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- DRC staff members in NARO and Country program
- HAC and Other government offices
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!