IT Assistant – DRC
|Supply Chain manager
|Supply Chain Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
The IT Assistant main objective is to fix the Network issues, support and maintain, troubleshoot, upgrade and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals on a day to day basis for the IT hardware and software systems in use by DRC Staff. Able to independently manage DRC systems as well as implement new systems, manage IT equipment, draw up strategies, follow IT assets list, write reports in Country office and also travel to field office, Kadugli, Gedref & Central Darfur.
1- Provide (IT) technical support services to end-users.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and keep reported records of users’ problems & solutions offered
- Respond to and log calls, escalating calls as required with key support vendors.
- Service and maintain printers and other IT hardware across DRC Offices in Khartoum Gedref & Darfur.
- Format and install drivers and other software on Desktops, Printer\scanners, laptops.
- Evaluate existing service delivery arrangements, researches and provide options, recommendations (including budgetary and other considerations), and solutions to address DRC specific challenges in order to better meet client needs and ongoing performance improvement and enhancement.
- Documentation – Establishing a user friendly and elaborate documentation procedure to support all IT activities as and when require
2- Ensure users utilize information technology in an effective and productive/proactive way. In this regard:
- Advise users on effective and efficient use of IT tools and facilities (software and hardware).
- Liaise with users to determine their IT training needs and developing and implementing IT training plans. Particularly, training users in application software used by the company.
- Planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems to include desktops, Laptop PCs, servers’ network equipment, software applications and Multi photocopier scanner machines…etc.
- Provide on-call/remote technical support to the workshops. Regularly perform on-site support across management building and workshops.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of hardware and software resources within the company.
- Recommend Information Technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating company outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
3- Collaborate with the line Manager to:
- Install, configure, and maintain security for LAN/WAN, Internet, wireless, and remote access services.
- Implement new software systems, and undertaking upgrades of existing systems, ensure active Anti-virus use on all computers in line with the DRC standards and guidelines.
- Ensure 100% availability of IT systems and services across all DRC Offices – (both local area network and for remote data communication/connectivity), and Internet connectivity.
- Assists in planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems to include desktops, Laptop PCs, servers’ network equipment and software applications.
- Create and maintain good technical documentation, for IT Tracking equipment and asset management.
- Make recommendation for purchase of new equipment /services when necessary.
- Develop and use a reporting system that summarizes current spending related to IT. Implement strategies for IT and IT Services for DRC.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Completion of Secondary education is required, (supplemented by university is an asset) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, CCNA or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical work experience in information technology, requiring systematic methods of troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
- Experience in providing assistance to users on IT products and services and use of applications and diagnostic tools is required.
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required.
- Practical experience and working knowledge of various computer platforms and applications is required.
- Work experience in emergencies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related IT Field.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- DRC staff members in Country office and field offices
- Supplier and service providers.
Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
All DRC staff should master the 5 core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.