Project Manager -Relief International
|Location:||Damazin, Blue Nile, Sudan|
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The projects will be implemented in North Darfur and Blue Nile states. The position role involves overseeing and supporting the Health (PHC), Nutrition (CMAM) and WASH project(s) with the help of sector Technical Coordinators. Key aspects of the role include project management, partnership management, planning, M&E and representation and liaison at the local level.
This position is based full-time in Blue Nile with extensive field travel to all locations. The post holder will be working closely with the technical coordinators, technical managers for Health, Nutrition and WASH to ensure smooth implementation of projects and budget management responsibility. The post holder will inform the DCD Program and Area Managers of any potential internal and external risks that may compromise the quality of programmes and help mitigate them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the overall implementation of the BHA Health, Nutrition and WASH projects in North and Blue Nile states in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with RI, donor, country and international standards i.e., Sphere and HAP standards
- Lead the scheduling and planning of the monthly project work plans, spending plans, budget reviews at the field level
- Overall financial oversight to monitor the project budgets in consultations with the technical managers and technical coordinators and finance team at the respective project locations where technical managers and technical coordinators are owners of the budget.
- Responsible for the development and submission of (internal) monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual projects reports to the Grants Coordinator for review and sharing with the donor.
- Liaise with the Grants Coordinator, Finance Manager to the file the project documents for the active grant and partnership files
- Line-manage the Sector Officers(s) of the assigned project(s), including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunity for feedback.
- Provide staff coaching and technical supervision to develop ownership / responsibility for Health and Nutrition activities.
Communication and Coordination
- Liaise, as necessary, with the Programs, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong management and communication skills. Teamwork spirit, community participation, capacity building,
- Bachelor of Medicine, Nursing or Community Health
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in the Health and Nutrition sector
- Understanding of development issues in the Health and Nutrition sector, relevant policies and frameworks
- Understanding of community development
- Strong knowledge in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects
- Understanding of participatory methodologies
- Understanding of local civil society organizations development
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
- Ability to work as part of the team and act on own initiative
- Good communication skills; fluent English is required
- Courteous and helpful manner
- Flexible Approach to work
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and cover letter latest by September 30th, 2021. We greatly appreciate your interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the critical nature of this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates will be interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this vacancy is posted.
RI’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm. Selected candidate will be subjected to background checks.
RI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EOE/M/F/D/V.