Engineering Consultant (Construction and Rehabilitation ) – (2104410) – WHO
|Organization:||World Health Organization|
|Job Title:||Engineering Consultant (Construction and Rehabilitation ) – (2104410)|
|Contractual Arrangement:||External consultant|
|Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days):||3 months|
|Job Posting:||Sep 19, 2021, 3:17:00 PM|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2021, 12:59:00 AM|
|Organization:||EM_SUD WHO Representative’s Office, Sudan|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Purpose of the Consultancy
To provide technical engineering services in the areas of design, drawings, construction and rehabilitation documents, construction method statement in Sudan. The engineering consultancy services are needed for the rehabilitation, upgrading, modifications and renovation.
Engineering consultancy services for the Construction and Rehabilitation Works at White Nile state in Sudan that includes, rehabilitation of 8 Isolation centers and Public Health Labs starting from assessment of the rehabilitation needs and selection of the rehabilitation scale
- Start date 20/09/2020
- End date 10/12/2021
- Work to be performed
Output 1: Manage Tender and Bidding process from drafting up till selection of contractor
- Deliverable 1.1: Produce Tender documents; draft the administrative & legal conditions, the bill of quantities and the technical specifications
- Deliverable 1.2: Provide list of prequalified construction and designing companies as per pre designed and agreed checklist.
- Deliverable 1.3:. Manage Bid opening process:
- Analyze and prequalify construction and design companies for further biding competition
- Participate in the evaluation panel for the selection of the successful bidder
Output 2 Prepare and plan for the management of the project
- Deliverable 2.1: Adapt the technical proposal, work statement and plan the optimum time schedule of the project to meet the needs of the implanted work on field in coordination with the selected contractor and the supervision office
- Deliverable 2.2: Coordinate the project kick‐off meeting and set the baseline for the contract signature between the WCO and the successful bidder
Output 3: Oversee and ensure that the work is implemented as per signed contract in terms of quality and quantities, the allocated budget and within the time frame.
- Deliverable 3.1: Oversee the handover process of the project site to the contractor in full coordination with the supervision office
- Deliverable 3.2: Develop reports on hand over process of project site
- Deliverable 3.2: Monitor the of progress of work on site
- Deliverable 3.2: Identify areas to be improved to ensure timely implementation of the project.
- Deliverable 3.3: develop regular reports and share them with focal persons at WCO.
- Deliverable 3.4: Verify and endorse the payments of the contractor invoices as per implemented works.
- Technical Supervision
The selected Consultant will work under the supervision of:
|Responsible Officer:||WHE Team Lead|
|Manager:||WHO Representative – Sudan|
- Specific requirements
Minimum first university degree for lower end of range, an advanced university degree for mid and high end of range in Engineering Science.
5 to 10 years of relevant experience in the field of implementing engineering projects in different countries, the previous work with UN agencies will be an asset, knowledge of WHO rules and regulations is preferable.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
Professional knowledge of the rules of International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC), Planning and monitoring of design and construction phases, professional knowledge of integrated engineering disciplines, applications of green buildings’ approach and environmental friendly projects.
Read ‐ Write – Speak fluent English Language.
- Place of assignment
WHO Sudan, White Nile State
- Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The selected consultant will conduct field visits to project sites as required to undertake preliminary field assessment and/or monitor the progress of work and provide relevant reports WHE team lead and the Operation Manager.