Risk & Compliance Manager /DATIX Reporting – SAVE THE CHILDREN
Risk & Compliance Manager /DATIX Reporting -(210005WE)
ROLE PURPOSE: The Compliance and Risk Manager/DATIX reporting will work under the immediate supervision and guidance of the Director Risk and Compliance and will be fully responsible for supporting compliance on programs implementations,, compliance with government laws and regulations, organize Country Risk Group monthly meetings ,, keep tracking and updates projects Technical Agreements and MOUs tracking sheets.
The post holder will will act as country Fraud Focal Point and will also be expected to provide significant mentoring and capacity-building on risk management and fraud awareness and assessments to SC staff, volunteers, suppliers, consultants, associates and partners. also responsible for keeping high quality of reporting and successful management of all reported cases through different SC reporting lines and mechanisims,review reporting qualities mainly through DATIX online reporting system and follow cases results and recommendations with relevant departments.
S/he will ensure compliance with Save the Children’s global standards and best practices for fraud management. This will include supporting the DRC on:
- Establishing and updating policy, local procedure and associated policy guideline on preventing harm to children
- Putting the policy into practice using standard implementation guidelines
- Ensuring staff, partners, beneficiaries & representatives access to advice and support.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Degree in Business Administration, Social Development, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years spent within a country office capacity.
- Experience in internal auditing with non-profit / NGOs in Sudan is an additional asset.
- Proficient of in application of internal auditing theory, standards, procedures & techniques.
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential.
- Available to travel frequently to all country locations.
- Experience with Save the Children award management and financial systems (AMS and Agresso).
- Significant experience in fraud and corruption prevention.
- Significant experience in audit management.
- Professional Audit Qualification and any relevant professional qualifications is preferred
- Knowledge of the Sudan financial legal framework.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Can be trusted to work independently with limited supervision.
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure.
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Aug 20, 2021
About SAVE THE CHILDREN
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programs in health, nutrition, education, protection, and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programs are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs, and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit: SCI Jobs Page