Finance Officer (Portsudan Office) – WFP
Finance Officer- FT/ NOA- Portsudan Office (130161)
|Area of expertise:||Finance|
|Type of contract:||Long term opportunities|
|Organization:||World Food Programme|
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Finance team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused finance services and promote a culture of performance and accountability? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective finance management accountability and control solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Finance Officer to support our Finance Unit in Port Sudan, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed Term Appointment contract at the NOA level.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
To support the stewardship of WFP’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, reporting on key data and providing basic administrative and human resource functions that enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
2. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
3. Report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
4. Monitor budgets, and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
5. Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
6. Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
7. Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
8. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions.
9. Track and collate data to support others to improve policies, systems and procedures in order to minimise financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
10. Contribute to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
11. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
12. Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
13. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
14. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience.
· Plus, membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent is desirable.
- One year of experience in finance for holders of advanced university degree.
- Two years of experience in finance for holders of first university degree.
Fluency in English and Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGAED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 08/12/2020
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only;
- WFP does not charge any fee at any of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/ADIS status.