Supply Chain Officer – DRC
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Contract type:||National contract|
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading non-profit, independent, rights-based refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Head of Support Services (HOSS) for its operations in Sudan. DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004 working across 4 area offices covering both immediate humanitarian needs but also engages in longer term development activities. The Head of Support Services is operationally and strategically responsible for Finance, Human Resources, Logistics and Procurement (supply chain department), Administration and IT. S/He provides guidance and support for all operational aspects of partnership, and oversees, develops and provides strategic direction to his/her support areas.
Employment category: H
Reporting to: Base Manager
nit/department: Supply Chain
Location: Gedaref, Sudan
Overall purpose of the role:
Lead on administrative and/or technical logistics and procurement support
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
• Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
• Lead on the preparation of the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services
• Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
• Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
• Lead on checking that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
• Perform the physical asset check
• Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation.
• Lead on maintenance of good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
• Assist with Fleet Management tasks as needed
• Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
• Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
• Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
• Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
• Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
• Experience with construction and site project management
• Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in Arabic
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent communication skills in English is required
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- DRC staff members in Gedaref and Country office
- HAC and Other government offices
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
For jobs from Danish Refugee Council (DRC) visit : DRC Jobs Page