Roving Construction Manager – SAVE THE CHILDREN
The Roving Construction manager will be tasked with overseeing all functional aspects of construction related projects from design, proposal and procurement, to supervision and contributing to reports. With challenging environments for constructing Schools, HP, HC, WASH facilities, Rural Development Infrastructures and other buildings, this position will demand a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who will be able to mitigate risks before they arise and solve challenges as they arise. The individual will support, proposal process related to construction projects, field support related to construction issues, provide technical support to Project managers and field staff, input to donor reporting related to construction, and support procurement/supply chain on construction tendering process.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- BSc in construction engineering or related technical field with a minimum of five years’ experience on full construction contract administration.
- Proven and significant experience in international procurement and contract management, including an ability to review procurement demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Field level experience in logistics for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt, AutoCAD etc)
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 12, 2021
For jobs from SAVE THE CHILDREN visit : SCI Jobs Page